Starting a new campus AL$ program? Looking to take your existing program to the next level?
Learn more about the Campus Coordinator’s Role
Planning Your AL$ Initiative
Starting a new campus AL$ program?
- Review the campus AL$ request for proposal
- Join the AL$ MERLOT Voices community to receive updates, connect with other campus coordinators, and contact the ALS team with questions.
- Complete the 2017 AL$ RFP and associated project plan
- Review the Getting Started Checklist for more helpful tips and resources
- Bookmark the Shared AL$ Coordinators Google drive folder
- Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Looking to take your existing AL$ program to the next level?
Here are a few tips:
- Download the available suite of AL$ marketing materials including:
- Workshop ideas and sample agendas
- AL$ brochure
- MERLOT brochure
- Website banners and logos
- Auxiliary and Bookstore Resource guide
- And more!
- Add a link inside your Learning Management System template that makes it easy for faculty to find AL$ resources
- Add a link to the Merlot database inside your Learning Management System template that makes it easy for students to find AL$ resources
- Work with your bookstore manager and librarians to coordinate professional development, training, marketing, and outreach programs to improve the adoption of free and lower cost digital course materials.
- Promote, use and link your AL$ website to the CSU Affordable Learning Solutions Website
- Highlight and support Free DIGITAL Desk-Evaluation-Review Copies
- Participate in a campus “AL$ day” organized with your bookstore and library Contact AL$ for more information.
- Add “How to Use eTextbooks” to your library’s Information Literacy program Contact AL$ for more information.
- Read and Distribute AL$ Newsletters
- Learn more about the potential the Immediate Access / Inclusive Access Initiatives on your campus
- Add An OER (Open Educational Resources) Search Widget To Any Web Page
It's free, fast and simple to put OER search on your personal, professional or commercial Web site.